Wednesday 5 June 2013

How Senegal snubbed me –Sagna

Arsenal right back and France international Bacary Sagna has revealed he wanted to play for Senegal national team back in the days but officials in Dakar had refused to admit him into the outfit despite pleas from his parents.
 “When I was 18, I tried all I could to wear Senegal colours but officials of the Football Federation ignored me,” Sagna said on Tuesday.
 “It was when I was 25 they came hunting after me to come and play for the land of my ancestors but it was too late then.” 
 Now 30, the former Auxerre player said he had travelled to Dakar on several occasions with his parents to persuade the Senegalese staff to be able to join the team but had no luck. 

 Sagna has been capped 33 times with France since 2007, after playing two years with the U21 category.

No comments:

Post a Comment