Tuesday 18 June 2013

It’s right decision to turn down Chelsea — Okore

New Aston Villa signing, Jores Okore believes he made the right decision in turning down a move to Chelsea.
The 20-year-old departed Danish side FC Nordsjaelland to sign a four-year contract at Villa Park, and admitted he could have chosen to join the Stamford Bridge outfit instead.
But Villa manager Paul Lambert was an influential figure in his decision, and he is confident the club will be a good match for him.

“I have a good feeling it was the right decision to turn down Chelsea,” Okore told Sporten.dk.
“I feel that I have arrived at a club that believes in me.
“The manager has said all the right things and that has caught my attention. This is going to be good.”
The midfielder also revealed that Liverpool centre-back Daniel Agger - his captain at international level with Denmark - had helped convince him he could play in the Premier League.
“I have talked to him a little bit about the Premier League and how tough it is to play but he thinks I’ve got the skill set for making it in this league,” Okore told the Villa’s official website.
“I do too so that is the only thing on my mind.
“I am really looking forward to playing and getting this going and getting the fans inside to see me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment