Monday 10 June 2013

Namibia could pose bigger threat to Eagles – Onazi

Namibia kept their hope in the series alive after they secured a priceless goalless draw away in Malawi and a win over the Eagles could bring them closer to qualification from the group.
But in a chat with Newswatch Sports, the Lazio of Italy player said the threat by the Brave Warriors cannot  be ignored, insisting that he and his teammates must take the game very serious.
“We can’t slow down now because we know that God has helped us to get to where we are now. There was so much anxiety before the game against Kenya, but we thank God that we were able to come out victorious. 
“But like I said we cannot relax now because Namibia are dangerous. I understand they played goalless draw with Malawi, which means they are good. We have beaten them before, even though I did not play in that game, my teammates told me it was difficult to beat them. So we must go all out against them and pray we get favour from God,” he said.
The former Golden Eaglets player also looked back at their match against Kenya and concluded that he had no doubt they were going to beat the East Africans.

“A lot of Nigerians were afraid that Kenya would beat us and the East Africans were also boasting because they played 1-1 draw with us in Nigeria. But for us the players, I don’t think we were jittery because we knew we could do it by God’s grace. Personally I felt we had to go out there and do the job instead of joining them to start boasting and I thank God we achieved results,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment