Thursday 6 June 2013

Omeruo: I won’t quit Netherlands unless...

Super Eagles centre-back, Kenneth Omeruo, says he has no immediate plans to leave Dutch club, ADO Den Haag except Chelsea demands for his return to Stanford Bridge.
Omeruo, who spoke to Newswatch Sports explained that ADO Den Haag guarantee him regular playing time and moving to another club is not within his powers to decide.
He further said there is possibility he will remain in the Netherlands league in the colours of ADO Den Haag unless he is recalled to London or offers come from elsewhere, but declined to be categorical.
“I am on loan from Chelsea, so I do not own myself. Ado Den Haag have been home for me and if I must move, Chelsea will be in the know.  But there are good offers and with Chelsea being part of it, I won’t regret or reject such.
 “I like to take things as they come. You are aware that l don’t own myself. If Chelsea wants me back, who am I to say otherwise?  But the issue remains that l am focused on the present national assignment for now. After the 2014 World Cup qualifiers and the Confederations Cup in Brazil then we can take it from there. My duty is to play football and nothing else,” he said.
It will be recalled that the Africa Cup of Nations 2013 winning defender is on loan from his English Premier League club, Chelsea and as the loan period expires, offers have been pouring in for him.
But he revealed that he has enjoyed his stay in Holland; getting total support of his teammates, management and the technical crew which has helped him to concentrate and grow.
“The fans of ADO DEN Haag have high expectations of their club and we have not disappointed them. The team would continue to get better and focused. The support has been there. Whichever angle you may be looking at it, I owe a lot to the club. If it happens I stay back, it’s all well and good.
“There’s time for everything and I am one that likes to take my turn without struggling for it with anybody. If it is time to play for Chelsea, God will work it out, as there’s no hurry in life. Let’s keep our fingers crossed too,” he declared.
When probed further, he said he did not want to predict or read anybody’s lips as his destiny is not in any man’s hands; but the fact remains that he would continue to ply his trade in Europe.
The player has been part of the strong members of the Stephen Keshi led Eagles since that great showing during the Africa Nations Cup in South Africa in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment